Work with us
Looking for an opportunity to explore all mobility components, from planning to infrastructure design?
We are always interested in finding new talented people to decarbonize transport!
At MIC-HUB you will work at the intersection of mobility, design and technology, with some of the most passionate and committed architects, engineers and consultants. We are committed to making a positive difference toward a more sustainable and inclusive world.
Transport Engineers - Senior
MIC-HUB is looking for Senior Transportation Engineers (at least 6-8 years of experience) in Transportation Planning and Road Infrastructure Design.
The position requires knowledge of transport engineering and economics, traffic engineering, transport planning (traffic and public transport), as well as a background in modelling and design of roads and tramways.
The successful candidate will be required to assist project managers on projects (mostly feasibility studies), or directly manage them on their own, where possible. The candidate must therefore demonstrate good interpersonal skills for project and work team management.
Italian and English are required at advanced level.
Computer skills required:
• advanced for OFFICE package;
• average for ADOBE package and ARCGIS / QGIS;
• basic knowledge of CAD and transport modelling softwares.
Mobility Planners - Senior
We are looking for creative and pro-active Senior Engineers, Architects and Urban Planners with 6 or more years of professional experience to join our dynamic team in Milan.
Candidates should have an appreciation for design and a passion for transport and mobility, as well as a successful track record in managing multidisciplinary teams and coordinating complex work flows.
We are seeking experienced, quick-learning staff, able to adapt to articulated and multi-layered client interfaces.
Skills required include: you should be able to organise, manage and coordinate the team, solve problems with a positive attitude, communicate effectively, presenting to and interacting with large groups of people, and interfacing directly with the client.
Fluent English is a must for the Senior Mobility Planner position.
Willingness to travel required.
Traffic Modelling Engineers - Senior
We are looking for Traffic Modelling Engineers with experience in mobility management, traffic impact studies, traffic network optimisation and transport planning.
The applicant should have a minimum of 3 years' experience with specialised software for the creation, validation and analysis of traffic macro models (PTV Visum, in particular).
Required software skills:
• PTV Visum
• Microsoft Office
Appreciated software skills:
• PTV Vissim
• Sias Paramics
• Citilabs Cube
• SIDRA Intersection
• TRL Junction 10
• JCT LinSig
Successful candidates will preferably speak both English and Italian.
The candidate should be willing to occasionally travel for work.
Senior Mobility Planners & Technologists
We are looking for engineers, architects or urban planners with 5 or more years of professional experience in transport planning to join our Milan team in a full-time position. We are seeking fast-learning candidates with a successful track record of projects undertaken in multidisciplinary, international teams. The ideal candidate should have an interest in technologies for mobility and an attitude to develop in-house digital interface prototypes.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Coordination of the work of junior consultants and contractors;
• Preparation and review of project reports and deliverables, mostly in well-written English;
• Prototype spatial data processing applications in Python and/or other programming languages (e.g., Jupiter Notebook);
• Other related duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well as good relationship-building skills with respect to your interactions with team members, clients, and contractors;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word and Excel is required;
• Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines while working independently;
• Willingness to learn and a motivated team player.
Tender Office - Senior Consultant
For our offices in Milan, we are looking for a new member of staff to include in our Tender Office who will be responsible for all activities related to the participation of MIC-HUB in public/private tenders either as single entity or in association with other firms.
More specifically, the successful candidate will be involved in the following activities:
• Monitor calls for tender for transport planning, infrastructure design, and engineering services, in Italy and abroad;
• Maintain and develop links and contacts with other companies (architecture studios, developers, other engineering firms, and other external stakeholders) to jointly bid for tender opportunities in Italy as well as abroad;
• Study the Request for Proposals and Terms of References and define the economic-financial and technical requirements;
• Present tender opportunities to the Management Board;
• Collect admin documentation (CVs, requirements and other documents);
• Prepare and draft tender clarifications;
• Liaise with the Contracting Authority and third-party companies (in the case of participation in a Consortium);
• Management entire tender procedures, and related external communication;
• Monitor and ensure adherence to bid preparation work programmes, and that key deadlines are met;
• Prepare pre-qualifications documentation;
• Draft of technical and economic offers;
• File tender documentation and correspondence according to company procedures;
• Prepare reports on participation in tenders and their outcomes and present to Management Board;
• Prepare case study Portfolios;
• Participate in regulatory updates on Italian public tender procedures and in EU networking events.
• Qualification: degree in Architecture, Planning, Building or Civil Engineering;
• Good knowledge of the MS Office package;
• Good knowledge of the English language;
• Familiarity with public and private tenders;
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
What additional skills we are looking for (preferable):
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign;
• Knowledge of other foreign languages;
• Experience with European tenders (H2020, COST, INTERREG, PONs, JASPER etc.).
• At least 1-2 years of experience in an architectural or engineering office.
Salary: Competitive salary offered depending on qualifications and experience.
GIS Analyst - Junior
We’re searching for a Junior GIS analyst to join our team in Milan. It’s great if you’ve been in urban & mobility planning projects / teams and have worked a lot with network analysis.
Responsibilities include collaborating with senior GIS analyst and supporting the team on urban / mobility planning projects on tasks such as (but not limited to):
• Manually drawing routes and transport networks enhancements in desktop or web GIS tools
• Running routing and accessibility analysis (isochrones) on custom networks for walking, driving, public transit and combined modes
• Ingesting, preparing, transforming and analyzing vector datasets
• Doing raster data analysis (object detection, calculating indices, etc)
• Making maps / visualizations of the analysis results
• Describing the results of the analysis in terms of urban / mobility planning perspective
• Writing pieces of code and coming up with ideas, metrics and methods of analyses
• Proficient in QGIS with focus on network analysis and mapping, including QGIS Atlas
• Previous experience of using Python in GIS projects - especially geo-libraries: geopandas, osmnX, NetworkX, Shapely, Earth Engine, rasterio
• Previous experience of conducting full workflows with Network Analyst in ArcGIS Pro
• Ability to turn requests from the team into needed GIS tasks
• Urban planning / urban design background or education, GIS-related education
• Experience with managing your time while working with a number of projects in parallel
• Experience with PostgreSQL / PostGIS / pgRouting
• Experience with automating QGIS tasks / QGIS Graphical Modeller/ writing QGIS plugins
• Geospatial Machine Learning on raster imagery
• Adobe Illustrator knowledge
• Passion for geodata
• Knowledge of English and Italian languages
Mobility Planners – Junior
We are looking for creative and pro-active Engineers, Architects or Urban Planners with an appreciation for design and passion for transport and mobility to join our dynamic team in Milan.
This application is open to Junior candidates.
Fluent English is a must for the Mobility Planner position.
Road Designer – Junior
We are looking for a Junior Road Designer, with 1/2 years of professional experience in the Infrastructure Design/Road Design sector.
Experience in the use of Roads and/or Civil 3D software is considered a plus.